FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TIP: More hidden features of ITA
View Single Post
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:42 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by Calchas
This was purchased over the phone — took a while to get them to understand what I wanted. Then they cancelled my ticket as invalid somehow a few days after purchase. Phone response to my complaint was something like “oh well, you can buy again <hang up>”

It wasn’t enormously complicated, maybe four stopovers and three fares in a circle trip configuration.

That one incident may not be representative of their normal service.
Okay, I see. The telephone support from AZ is not really the best around (I read some horrible stories fairly recently with people trying to use their soon-to-expire miles and spending absolute ages on the phone, but also several other not-so positive stories on the Italian forum), I guess they're (generally speaking) not skilled up and clearly subcontracted to some mediocre service provider. That said, the Polish number (which I normally use from here in Warsaw needless to say) feeds through the Albanian call centre and I must say I've always had outstanding service from them, their English is brilliant and they tend to have a decent understanding even of those fairly complicated itineraries which are mostly FT-material (), the only thing I wish they would be a tad more flexible about is the re-accommodating process in case of strike/unforeseen events which often 'drags' and no other solutions, apart from AZ, are given, but that's way OT

G