Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

TIP: More hidden features of ITA

TIP: More hidden features of ITA

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 18, 17, 3:59 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hillrider
Wiki Link
Here are some more hidden features of the ITA software.

The extensions to the itasoftware routing language are accessed by postpending commands after a '/'. There's a wide set of commands available, but there's no description of them available on the ITA web site. Unfortunately, each command applies only to one part of the trip, so they must usually be entered in each box.

EXCLUDE SPECIFIC AIRLINES
Command is "-airlines XX ..."
Ex: prohibit jetBlue or Delta
to: LAX ::/ -airlines B6 DL

LIMIT TO SPECIFIC AIRLINES
Command is "airlines XX ..."
Ex: consider only jetBlue or Delta
to: LAX ::/ airlines B6 DL

LIMIT TO A SINGLE ALLIANCE
Command is "alliance star-alliance|oneworld|skyteam"
Ex: oneworld carriers only
to: LAX ::/ alliance oneworld

EXCLUDE CODESHARES
Command is "-codeshare"
Ex: prohibit jetBlue or Delta
to: LAX ::/ -codeshare

LIMIT DURATION OF ITINERARY, IN MINUTES
Command is "maxdur XXX"
Ex: no more than 5hrs for each part of trip
to: LAX ::/ maxdur 300

EXCLUDE OVERNIGHT STOPS, AIRPORT CHANGES, REDEYES, PROPELLER PLANES, TRAINS, HELICOPTERS, ANY KIND OF SURFACE TRAVEL
Commands are "-overnight", "-change", "-redeye", "-prop", "-train", "-helicopter", "-surface"
Ex: no overnight stops, no airport changes, no redeyes, no propeller planes
to: LAX ::/ -overnight, -change, -redeye, -prop

SET MINIMUM OR MAXIMUM TIME FOR CONNECTIONS, IN MINUTES
Commands are "minconnect XX", "maxconnect XX"
Ex: no less than one hour, no more than two hour connections
to: LAX ::/ minconnect 60, maxconnect 120

EXTRA CONNECTION TIME
Command is "padconnect XX"
Ex: require at least 20 minutes more than airline specified minimum connection time
to: LAX ::/ padconnect 20

PUTTING LOTS OF THINGS TOGETHER
Separate with commas.
Ex:
to: LAX :: UA+ / f ua.bos+lax.yup, padconnect 20, -overnight
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 27, 18, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK View Post
Same here, the issue was most certainly with the multi-city's tool as such and it seems to have been rectified with the latest update.

G
This was purchased over the phone — took a while to get them to understand what I wanted. Then they cancelled my ticket as invalid somehow a few days after purchase. Phone response to my complaint was something like “oh well, you can buy again <hang up>”

It wasn’t enormously complicated, maybe four stopovers and three fares in a circle trip configuration.

That one incident may not be representative of their normal service.
Old Apr 27, 18, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Calchas View Post
This was purchased over the phone — took a while to get them to understand what I wanted. Then they cancelled my ticket as invalid somehow a few days after purchase. Phone response to my complaint was something like “oh well, you can buy again <hang up>”

It wasn’t enormously complicated, maybe four stopovers and three fares in a circle trip configuration.

That one incident may not be representative of their normal service.
Okay, I see. The telephone support from AZ is not really the best around (I read some horrible stories fairly recently with people trying to use their soon-to-expire miles and spending absolute ages on the phone, but also several other not-so positive stories on the Italian forum), I guess they're (generally speaking) not skilled up and clearly subcontracted to some mediocre service provider. That said, the Polish number (which I normally use from here in Warsaw needless to say) feeds through the Albanian call centre and I must say I've always had outstanding service from them, their English is brilliant and they tend to have a decent understanding even of those fairly complicated itineraries which are mostly FT-material (), the only thing I wish they would be a tad more flexible about is the re-accommodating process in case of strike/unforeseen events which often 'drags' and no other solutions, apart from AZ, are given, but that's way OT

G
Calchas likes this.
Old May 2, 18, 8:43 am

Programs: TK E+, DL, WY, Radisson R
Has anyone noticed itasoftware disabled multiple country origina search?

For example, I used to be able to look up ORD,YYZ,JFK,BOS to SCL, EZE, and GRU. Now I have to remove YYZ to look up the fares, or keep only YYZ (or with other Canadian cities) to query fares.
Old May 2, 18, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post

For example, I used to be able to look up ORD,YYZ,JFK,BOS to SCL, EZE, and GRU. Now I have to remove YYZ to look up the fares, or keep only YYZ (or with other Canadian cities) to query fares.
Yes, as mentioned at Ex-EU ita Matrix issue, and in the link from there.
Old May 2, 18, 9:58 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA EXP, A3*G, UA *G, LH FTL, CCarlson Gold, HH Gold
Angry

Originally Posted by vincewy View Post

That is very unfortunate, especially when looking for fares to/from Europe...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: