FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voluntary Award Change / changes: date, time, routing, airline, co-terminal, etc.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:14 am
Sproketz

Just a quick follow-up to my original post (but different questions)...

I'm planning to make the change to my AA biz class award booking (on BA) and suck up the $150 change fee (changing the departure from ARN to OSL on the 1st segment).

However, I postponed making the change until I could verify the train schedules for my Sweden/Norway itinerary, and now the exact flight time I want is no longer available. (Oops.) I have an alternate biz class award flight on AA Hold (OSL-LHR) which results in a 5 hr layover in LHR. Before I make the change ($150), I just wanted to clarify that I would be able to make a TIME change to that segment (OSL-LHR) without a change fee, if a more ideal time becomes available. (I think the answer is 'yes', even if it's within 21 days of travel.)

Also, if I purchase a biz class seat assignment (thru BA) on the long segment (LHR-SJC), then make that time change to the short segment (OSL-LHR), will I lose my seat assignment, even tho' I am not changing the segment for which I purchased the seat?

BTW, the flight is at the end of July (3 months from now).

Thanks!