FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CDG to train
Thread: CDG to train
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:14 am
taseas

Originally Posted by DCJoe1
Agreed- only thing to note is that you will have a pretty long walk at CDG to get to the train station, because you have to walk the length of Terminal 2C- it's probably a good 1/3 mile. Then, you will have a long walk at Chatelet-Les Halles if you choose to transfer there to the 14- maybe almost 1/2 mile. Or if you take the RER E route you will again have a long walk from the Haussmann-St. Lazare RER station to Gare St. Lazare- maybe 1/3 mile. Personally I wouldn't have a problem doing those walks and would happily choose that over stressing in a cab through rush hour traffic- it will also save you 40 euros. But if you have mobility issues or heavy luggage that doesn't move well the RER/Metro route might not work for you.
Thanks for this information. We are thinking (family of 4 with 4 bags) that a taxi will just be easier and it seems with the fixed price taxi the cost difference will be minimal.

I hope I'm not wrong! We will of course, adjust based on when the flight lands and how long customs/border control take us.

Thanks again.