FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Avios Travel Rewards Programme Changes
Old Apr 23, 2018, 12:17 pm
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Help to save 51,819 Avios from extinction.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but please bear with me.

My SiL and BiL have 51,819 Avios in their BAEC HHA ... these are about to expire, and it is unlikely they will ever get to use them due to age/health issues. SiL asked if they could transfer them to our BAEC accounts.

Having logged in to BAEC, that should be simple - as a BAEC Gold I can do that free, as they are part of my Friends and Family grouping. However, using her log-in as a Blue, it is clear they would each have to pay £140 [for up to 24,400], which makes their Avios a rather expensive purchase for me. I don't see that as good value, and the Avios aren't really needed anyway - I just hate waste!

So I wondered about transferring their Avios to new accounts at avios.com, and then getting them re-directed from there to my BAEC account. However, the changes discussed here seem to suggest that this is about to become a bit of a PITA - if not impossible.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how THEIR Avios with BAEC could get transferred to OUR BAEC accounts without paying £280?

I repeat, they have no foreseeable use for over 51k Avios, and simply want to get them to us.