FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BKK to SFO on HX and UA, lounge access?
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:51 am
flyerby

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
1. To all that quote the policy about *A lounge access without knowing anything about UA policy, you are not providing a viable argument. The argument is not about the basic rules for a *A lounge (we all agree about it) but the extended rules to enter the lounge. Here's an example, a regular *A pax traveling in Y will not be granted a *A lounge access, but the same pax with a UA Club membership will be granted. Another example, TG@BKK lounge is a *A lounge but each time I travel with RJ (even in Y) a OW carrier, I'm granted access to this lounge. The main point here is that if UA is willing to pay then access will be granted so quoting just the *A rules is not enough to show there's no entrance to the lounge. Putting it into a more logical structure, the *A rule is granting access and not limiting it so if there's another rule or policy to grant access then access will be granted.
2. Which brings us to the 2nd point, what does UA provide in this case? When I read UA website, I come to the conclusion that they grant access. I never said that TG@BKK lounge is a UA Club lounge but I'm saying that based on what UA write they say that *A lounges are granted access by the same rules of UA Club access. True or not I don't know more than what is written. I welcome anyone who can show differently based on UA website.
3. @Soundman76 wrote "At check-in in BKK, I asked the staff if I had access to the lounge, she replied that iI am able to use my 1K status to enter the Thai airways lounge with the United 016 ticket..". Waiting to hear more info about his experience at the lounge.