FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS still operating 737’s that don’t have Premium Class?
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:36 am
Tankerman

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by MJMLBBtoCPH
How many extra seats/rows was Alaska able to squeeze in the 800 by taking out the cushy seats? Anyone happen to know? Or is it a wash with the addition of premium class? And, why do some planes have row 10 with premium class and others do not? Is it an 800 versus 900 difference or are there plans to make row 10 premium throughout the fleet?

Last week I was "upgraded" according to both my app and the board at the gate to "premium class" on the plane, only to arrive at my seat with no premium leg room. I rang my call button and politely asked the flight attendant about the discrepancy (showing her my upgrade on the app), and she said not to worry, and she ended up giving us premium treatment even though that row had not been retrofitted. She was very nice - typical good Alaska service. Other than me, however, everyone else in that row tended to be oblivious to the difference and were not frequent flyers (no other person in the row even ordered alcohol). The FA said some aircraft had not been changed for row 10. However, I wondered if what happened to me was a technical glitch or is there supposed to be a standard of where the fleet will end up in terms of row 9 or row 10? As far as I could tell, there had been no aircraft swap.
The infamous row 10.

I’ve had a couple of similar experiences, usually when booking last minute flights departing Anchorage.