FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Luxury Hotels USP by Brand
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:09 am
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

this thread especially (vs past comparisons of brand quality) would probably be most effective if one only describes brands one is positive about rather than negative

see Musken's post, as always very well said

judging based on a few can be effective to eliminate USP, but less effective when making assumptions about then stereotyping all the other properties

this is an example of one of the things i was thinking >
Originally Posted by Astaroth
Is a consistent look actually a USP? I suspect there are certain hotel chains you can pick out a photo of its bedrooms from a random selection but I'm yet to see advertisement that says "Come to any XYZ Hotel as you'll love the consistent black & brass chinese style wardrobes"

There certainly are some where there are trends, as per the Luxury Collection often being in the old "grand hotel" but there are both examples where it isnt and many more examples where the old grand hotel is another chain (particularly when a city has several) which by default doesnt make it a unique selling point at chain level.

I certainly think there are trends amoungst chains, particularly in look/feel/vibe, but wouldnt call them USPs and wouldnt say they are all consistent. All hotels are influenced by their location and their local competition as well as brand ethos etc.
rosewood owner is buying lots of hotels, before current owner >
Originally Posted by Groombridge
Rosewood's pool service is their competitive difference from other high-end brands, significantly better, at each of the three Rosewood resorts where I've stayed, than at any of the several dozen Four Seasons and Aman resorts I've visited. But pool service can only get you so far--the overall service and personalized guest experience at Rosewood pales in comparison to what you get at most Four Seasons and Amans. (I've never once been called by my name at any of the Rosewoods, for example.) So for overall experience, yes, Four Seasons and Aman typically outpace Rosewood. But Rosewood's pool experiences trump others'.
raising whether single USP really has anything to do with overall / choice
(i guess if one spends all their time at pool and does not do anything else?)

Originally Posted by xracer
in my experience, the luxury hotel chain that does this the best is Banyan Tree. All of their properties (that I've been to) seem to have separate vegetarian menus at all of their restaurants.
BT mayakoba opened extremely well >
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post26782928
BT also had madivaru for example

O&O is adding africa safari lodges
again after ownership change

FS has their elephant camp
management change include >
Originally Posted by scented
it is now SOP for FS to change linens into the third night of your stay, of course, if you place the card on the bed or have them update your profile they will do it regardless
i could be wrong, but i think most here focus on reputation of quality, not what the reputation of a brand is with the masses, corporations, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unique...ng_proposition
"proposition must be one the competition cannot or does not offer"

how many things apply to every single property of brand?
having 'best' of brand is better than having all 'average'

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 20, 2018 at 2:53 pm