FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott LTPs should have gotten LTP - not LTPP
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:50 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
The problem for me is the lack of onward path towards LTPP for those of us who get caught in this.

to be honest I am a fair way from 750 SPG nights having circa 520 nights witn SPG some 1 year after getting LTP however I have been staying quite a lot at Marriotts and will probably close this year witn about 120 Marriottnights year to date. Which would put me in touching distance of the 750 night threshold within 12 months.

instead however there is no way to get there and It's start again having to get 75 nights with Marriott each year in perpetuity or resign myself to effectively having the equivalent of the old MR gold only. Neither really works for me, so unless a clear path to get to LTPP is offered its bye, bye.

i don't think I should necessarily just be gifted LTPP (although it would be nice in view of my sustantial spend over the years almost certainly well north of £200k) but all my nights have been earned via stays rather than bonus promos or credit card freebies. What really pisses me of is the lack of pathway to get equivalent treatment.

it is Marriots train set to play with absolutely but I choose which train operator I ride with and I do feel pretty alienated from MR now. I am sure I am not alone in that.

If the new scheme does not want to offer LTPP indefinitely to newcomers perhaps a time limited 2 to 3 year qualifying period from the end of 2018 for all those who currently have lifetime status would be a fair compromise. I would have no issues with that but my 100+ Marriott nights are heading elsewhere in 2019 without some change of that nature.