FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:23 pm
padirescu

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Originally Posted by jrothenb
“Mr. XXXXXXX,

First off, I would like to thank you for your patience today and the extreme long wait you had to endure.

Your question to me was: why under the Marriott account are the Platinum Lifetime elite members going to grand-fathered in as Platinum Lifetime Premier?

I spoke with a representative in Marriott Rewards and they explained that as of today, if a Marriott member and also SPG, and you have linked your accounts together that as of now, you are considered a Marriott Reward member, where as you will also be grand-fathered in Rewards as a Platinum Lifetime Premier."

Interesting considering that during The Points Guy interview with David Flueck, SVP of Global Loyalty for Marriott International on Monday he stated specifically regarding The Points Guy being LT Plat on SPG he would receive LT Plat in the new program. URL for video here:

Fast forward to the 14 minute mark if you want to hear the specific exchange. I guess we'll find out when it happens worse case but hopefully Marriott will issue more details and guidance prior to then because the current chart clearly shows LT Plat on SPG get LT Plat on new program, not Plat Prem. Good thing you got it in writing but wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of redaction or apology when August comes and they issue you LT Plat only.