FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why does Lufthansa hub in FRA/MUC, and not Berlin and/or Hamburg?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:08 am
totti

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by 1flyer
How so?

With the new runway for landings, FRA can handle 700k aircraft movements per day without having to push the envelope on pretty much anything (night flight ban or whatever).
You may want to check your math and/or sources 700k per day would mean 486 movements per minute assuming 24h operation From what I heard but I may be wrong here, 700k is the projected max movement per year starting 2020.

Originally Posted by 1flyer
T3 is a done deal as well, with the possible exception of the modifications planned for the LCCs (they may have gotten the permit on that, too; I'm not sure, I didn't pay close attention over the last few weeks).
As we have seen with BER and Stuttgart 21 (two name just two) nothing is done deal until it is actually operating. So I believe it, when I see it. And on top of that, oliver stated that both are "not really limited in capacity". which I doubt. Yes, T3 is likely to come and with 4 runways FRA is pretty efficient but beyond that growth options are certainly limited, at least at FRA.

Last edited by totti; Apr 18, 2018 at 9:40 am