FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK 409 Departing MEL - early check in / bag drop ...flying F
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:29 pm
skywardhunter

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Well I could see how that might work for some, but this is more like a once in a lifetime type of travel itinerary. I'd really like to be able to show up to the airport to expirience everything , including doing some lounge hopping, free massages, drinks, dining the whole nine yards if you will.

We booked the award using JAL mileage bank, but it's is EK ticketed. Not sure if that counts or is what you mean by EK award?
No, an EK Award is one issued using Skywards miles.

I understand that it's a once in a lifetime trip, but as pointed out by others and given the timing of the flight lounges may be closed and shops in the airport might not be open either.

The trip is about the onboard experience primarily surely? You can experience the lounges on any J ticket, but the onboard experience in F ist much more unique, so if I were you I'd be thinking about how to be best prepared and in the best physical and mental state to fully experience and appreciate that. This might involve being there the evening before as you prefer currently, or arriving shortly before check in closes, that's a oreferepre youlyo have to choose.

But if you show up at 2 and have to sit outside the lounge for 2 hours waiting for it to open that'll probably be a pretty bad start so just double check the lounge opening hours if possible (you could try calling EK or tweeting to @EmiratesSupport)