FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:28 pm
tods27

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by RichMSN
I have 900 combined nights, too. I have 10 years of SPG PLT. My nights are 60% Marriott, however, so the only lifetime status I currently have is SPG Gold.

I'm not sure what's equitable, to be honest. If you and I have the same nights and the same years as PLT, shouldn't we end up the same place?
I'm in worse shape, generally. I have SPG LTG with around 300 nights. I really don't remember if I have any years as PLT in SPG. In MR, I have just over 700 nights, but only 950K lifetime points, so I don't have any LT status (but I have at least 6 years with PLT status). Combined, I'll have 1000 nights and be LTGold. I would think that the best way to do this would be to count all the qualifying for the existing LTP at SPG and if they meet the thresholds for MR LTP, give them LTPP. Of course, there is that pesky lifetime point earnings thing that they don't seem willing and/or able to use.

I'm curious what they count for status years. I had status for several years in SPG that I was told didn't count towards LTG as they were "comped" status years. Can I call SPG and ask them how many years I earned status (and what status it was)? I may have to try and do the same with MR. There is a small chance I have 10 years as PLT, but I honestly didn't track it closely in the late 90s.