FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:26 pm
RobUAIntl

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SF1K
They should count as 6:

You can qualify for Lifetime status based on your combined Rewards and SPG nights and Elite years. If you achieved Elite status in both SPG and Rewards in one year, you’ll receive credit for two Elite years. You can also qualify via the existing criteria through December 31, 2018. When your current Elite status is higher than your Lifetime status, you’ll receive the higher-status benefits for that year.

Maybe there is hope for SPG Platinum Members to get grandfathered into Platinum Premier:

In addition, when you combine Rewards and SPG accounts we will combine your lifetime activity across both toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. Members will have until year-end 2018 to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status thresholds to be grandfathered in at the previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG.

Of course I have no idea what my lifetime total points are. If I knew that and also knew for sure that the combination of 750 nights and 2 million points would get LTPP then I might make a push depending on how far off I am.
I have a good idea what my lifetime totals are as I got my SPG "Master Spreadsheet" a while ago. It said I had a little over 1.1 Million SPG points (=3.3 Million Marriott points) and 1.085 Million Marriott Points. I have 606 SPG nights, 479 Marriott nights which totals 1085 nights with probably at least 30-50 more this year. I have 9 years SPG Platinum and 3 years Marriott Platinum (not including the match to SPG status the last two years). Thus my combined lifetime total is 1085 nights, 4.5 million points, 12 years platinum, plus whatever else I will do this year.

Because most is with SPG, I will not get the grandfathered Platinum Premier Elite. Doesn't seem fair.