FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:23 pm
BillBurn

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Originally Posted by paolo64
Not to labour the point but....SPG member with say 1,000 real hotel nights and 10 years Platinum v Marriott LTPPE with a combination of real nights/credit card nights, amounting to same total. As of 2019, both checkin to the SGS Bangkok. The SPG member is a repeat, frequent stayer; the Marriott a 1st timer. Not only is the Marriott guy higher in the suite pecking order, s/he will earn a 25% points bonus.
And they think they got this right? Defies belief.
As a Marriott LTP I agree that Starwood LTPs with 750+ nights should have been grandfathered into Platinum Premiere. Very strange that Marriott didn't to that. I wouldn't be surprised if they reversed course on that decision before Aug 1 as its a pretty glaring flaw in an otherwise artful set of compromises.

Then again, if the SNA awards still have to be earned each year, there's really not much difference between Platinum and Platinum Premiere, but I haven't heard anyone confirm that Lifetime Platinums will still have earn their SNAs each year vs. being granted them no matter how many/few days they stay.