FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:23 pm
SHLTP

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
The program changes all seem pretty fair to me (I am a SPG LTP). Unless something odd happens, I will keep loyalty to the new entity. Only 3 areas of program I do not love so far but none are deal breakers by any means:

1) I don't love that SPG LTP do not get the same status as the Marriott LTPs. But I do not really see much difference in benefits. Just like for me there were little tangible benefits between 50 and Ambassador.

My only concern is the grandfathered Marriott LTP might get upgraded more if room managers arrange that in advance rather than at time of check in. I cannot blame Marriott for doing this (they need to make sure their long time loyal customers are happy) but wish we had been grandfathered in as well. I think the reality is many of us liked saying we had the highest status possible and thus felt as if we were the most respected customers on property

2) I don't love the points earning reduction at Amex. But since the card nights are not stackable, I will probably just cut Marriott & regular Amex Starwood (saving annual fees that way) and get the souped up version. I like the 2 person priority pass, 1 free night and $300 on property credit spend (if that includes restaurants). That would thus make my actual spend per year on a card lower when factoring everything but I might not use the card as much for everyday spend when in US (I use foreign cards when elsewhere).

What card should I get for annual spend? Chase Reserve?

3) I wish and think incredibly stupid Ritz still won't offer free breakfast. As I get older, Ritz fits my style more but the lack of breakfast and possible suite upgrades makes me unwilling to stay there. I'd rather stay at Peninsula or Mandarin Oriental and pay for everything than feel I am not being respected for loyalty.

But all in all, the changes were generally in line with what I expected and quite fair. So far well done Marriott