FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August
Old Apr 16, 2018, 4:55 pm
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yvr76
I have > 750 nights, and pretty high spend (so assuming I'd meet the 2 million point threshold), although only 9 Platinum years (+ 3 others as Gold). So possible that I would meet the old Marriott threshold.

Surprised they are grandfathering some people into the status and not just making it an attainable lifetime status, say at 1000+ nights. After all, if you don't get the SNAs, the only perk you get is 75% (over 50% rewards) and 48 hour guaranteed availability. With Your24 gone, main perk is likely higher upgrade potential which wouldn't cost the hotel anything as they'd have to upgrade a Platinum 50 nights anyway.
I think you are in the same spot as me, and equally screwed...800+ nights, 9 years Plat in a few weeks. Even if they do the right thing and grandfather in 750+ SPG LTPs as LTPPs...we still lose. Stinks but it is what it is.