FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:30 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by th79ft
I am trying to book Grand Hyatt Seattle for July. A few weeks ago, I had reserved some nights using pts+cash. I went back to try to add on some additional nights but no longer see the Pts+cash option. I only see either pay all with pts or pay all with cash.

Did Hyatt get rid of the pts +cash option?

No, Hyatt did not get rid of points + cash. P+C availability is at the discretion of the property, and a property may or may not offer P+C as a booking option for any given night.

Originally Posted by th79ft
Also, I am getting my annual reward night in June. Since the GH Seattle is Cat 4, can I book hotel with credit card and have them apply the reward night later and cancel credit card reservation?
If an award night is available, you can book a reservation using the award night. Assuming you booked a refundable rate using your credit card, you may cancel the original reservation as long as you're complying with the cancellation policy when you made the reservation. Note that cancelling your credit card reservation generally will not open any award space if it's not already available.