FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Full fare J ticket, booked into Y bucket for 2 segments
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:46 am
stephem

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Thanks! I’ll go to the AC in Dallas and ask them to put DSR in. I am #1 on the list and fare buckets show J1. What a disaster this trip is... I think I have a shake-a-bed on MIA-DFW to look forward to and meetings that start the moment I land, so had been hoping to nap a bit on the 763 segment from DFW-MIA.

”So you’re sayin’ there’s a chance!?!”
Edited to add:
Bummer, arrived in DFW and the agent in the AC was super helpful but unless someone misconnects I wont be up front. But they did confirm it hadnt been coded correctly, it needs to be DSR as noted above. They were apologetic and said i should ask customer service for J class EQMs (3x vs 1.5x for Y) as well as some compensation for the error by the gate agent in originating outstation who miscoded this.Also, when coded correctly, you wont even show up on the app sticker upgrade list. The DSR process is separate from that. I was shown that I was #1 on the DSR list but someone else is now #1 on the sticker list. BTW, there are like 10 of us on the DSR list, but I am #1 for whatever reason.
Edited to add: something odd happened and I did in fact get the last seat in biz as i walked up to the gate. Nice, i really needed a nap and some room to get work done on this next flight. Odd thing is this was the J1 seat that disappeared a few hours ago. Someone bought and cancelled in a three hour window?? Sounds strange. Anyway, thanks for the help folks, good to know next time i have this happen w AA, i will be more informed!

Last edited by stephem; Apr 16, 2018 at 1:10 pm