FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:36 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
..... all they had to do to make me happy was to shift the tray table a few more inches up.
Shifting it "up" would not be practical for all of those who are shorter, or have shorter bodies relative to longer legs kind of thing. The height of the table is a challenge when eating as it is already high, and the pods seats are very low - when inflated.

I have no idea why AC chose this particular seat. Obviously it was what they wanted.

I posted in the other thread photos of my experience on AA's new B789. They have the same pods (with some added features), but 2 things are very different:

1. AA has a completely different seat. It is nothing like AC's. It was extremely comfortable for the 15 hour flight.

2. AA has the same table of course, but when using their mattress pad and side-sleeping, the table did not touch me nor did I get the usual bruises on my legs like I do on AC.

We already know that the space in the pods on the 787s is a bit larger than on the 777s, but the table is equally annoying.

------------

As for the mattress pad.... In the image in the wiki, there is a line that says:

"Mattress pads folder in plastic wrap and placed at Pods by Cabin Services for customers to lay out themselves."

I am not sure if Cabin Services are the groomers who put out the current comforters and pillow or the cabin crew, or both.

However, I do hope ALL of it is in plastic. AA's entire package of pillow, comforter and mattress pad is all in one sealed package and is on the seat when you board. BR also has a mattress pad in a sealed package.

After finding other people's hair on my pillows when boarding a few AC flights, I've resorted to bringing my own covering. It's gross.

Other than those here on AC FT who already know the answer, I suppose we will all find out this week if it's a single sealed package or if the mattress pad and comforter are sealed in their own packages, together or .....

I like the idea of a signature drink. Last year, I posted a link to an enRoute feature where different bartenders from across the country had developed some very unique drinks. I also posted about the 2 Signature Drinks that CX offers - one non-alcoholic and I've always thought it was a nice touch. I think SQ has them as well.

I do commend AC for making these changes.