FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:12 pm
karachi

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Looks like many people have the same issue in respect to sleeping on our side.

Transpacificflyer: My one concern is that I find the seats are a tight fit for sleeping. My thighs and legs can get wedged up against the tray table and I fear that the mattress may make this an even tighter fit.

Jumper Jack; I suppose with the mattress pad, sleeping on the side went from uncomfortable to near impossible for me lol.
I am just pointing out this affects my ability to sleep on the side.
All they had to do to make me happy was to shift the tray table a few more inches up.

Plumber: think he means if you want to side sleep that there is barely enough room already to do so.
If you add a mattress pad (great adddtion imho) , then there will not be enough room for many people to side sleep. Love the mattress pad- wish the tray table was higher, or somewhere different!
Simon; The side sleeping thing is a huge issue for me. I have no idea why they built that shelf with the curved indent underneath. The curved extension serves no purpose, functional or aesthetic, and I have not come across it on any of the other airlines we fly internationally on. I wonder if they're even aware.

I hope the folks at AC are reading this and can work on a fix. There's a lot of space wasted with the plastic structure. Please have mercy on those of us who sleep on our sides.
I am not a big person (5' 5") and I find it difficult to sleep sideways in that confined space. that tray could have been hidden in the side like other airlines. on a HND-YYZ run recently the mechanism got stuck and it was even lower than normal during the flight.