FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Int. Business Class & select wide-body N. America aircraft become 'Signature Service'
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:54 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

1. Mattress pads- These are major improvement as I find the seats uncomfortable for sleeping. The storage space should not be an issue as I find that there is sufficient overhead bin space, except on some of the mainland China routes where too many of the pax ex China are bringing on excess oversized cabin baggage. My one concern is that I find the seats are a tight fit for sleeping. My thighs and legs can get wedged up against the tray table and I fear that the mattress may make this an even tighter fit. Also, where will the mattresses be stored at the seat when pax want to lift them? With the pillow, duvet and other stuff, it can get a bit messy. How will they be cleaned? Will they have a cover or would they be vinyl type that can just be wiped down if someone leaks bodily fluid on them?
I hope you're right, but with the 150+ flights I did in J on the 788s/789s last year alone, there were several instances where there was not enough space (especially on the 788s) even after all the removable stuff like extra duvets, pillows, etc. were removed. But in the grand scheme of things, I do expect that "most" of the time there will be no issues, which I guess is most important.