FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on 777-200 HD (28J,102E+,234E-)
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:28 am
StuckinITH

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Full disclosure now. In the past 18 months, I flew 14 times on the 772 on international flights with the 2-4-2 configuration in Business Class. On 10 out of those 14 flights, I was actually seated in Business Class. I know that in those planes, the window seat passenger does not have the problem of staring at the person on the other side of the aisle. This is too far out. But I was wondering if my recommendation to take a window seat was wrong because maybe in this domestic HD configuration they would have a lower screen bank. Now, thanks to Fumje, I know that there's no such concern.

So, zeer0, pay the $199 for the upgrade. Today, when I checked in for my flight ORD-LAX, UA wanted $2029 for the upgrade and it's not even a red-eye. You are getting a good deal. Since you normally prefer a window seat, take a window seat.

PS: Good that I was not even close to tempted to upgrade at the $2029 price as, less than 4 hours after checking-in, the waitlisted RPU cleared.

Last edited by StuckinITH; Apr 14, 2018 at 1:28 pm