FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyingto LGA on crj, bag valet vs bag check?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:46 am
the phoenix

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Score8
The USPS website is precisely where this 'nonsense' comes from (see two posts above). Both International and Domestic. With UPS, there are specific rules about shipping alcohol and just because you have successfully done it (many, including me, have also), doesn't mean that they expressly allow it. There are specific licenses you need to have with UPS in order to ship, and many of those do not permit direct to consumer.
He;s correct. When I initially posted, I re-read the USPS post and was surprised to read that shipping VIA USPS is indeed not allowed. You have to read the whole page, its not just international. That said, I was surprised since I have mailed cans before with no problem. This time, I was toying with shipping bottles but I usually hate checking luggage, hence the post. But worked out fine checking the bag which was A) FREE and B) offered better protection.

Originally Posted by taseas
As a CMH based flyer, I'm curious..what brew did you take home?
Columbus Bohdi and FatHead HeadHunter were the Ohio based brews we wanted to try. Also Creeper was released while we were there but I didnt scramble for it.

Also scored a few bottles of 3 Floyds Zombie Dust, which was a bonus.