FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS / VX Dysfunction
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:55 am
SFOPeter

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
The upside: 2 weeks ago flying VX PVR-SFO with Alaska 2:1. Originally bookend an AS flight but then it was cancelled and I was put on a VX flight. 24 hours before I see there is availability to purchase an F upgrade for both of us. Call VX - they say there is a problem with the ticket and they can't upgrade it. Call AS - they can't do it, transfer me back to VX with a handoff telling that they should do it, still can't do it, problem with the ticket. Go to airport checkin the next day and ask to do a paid upgrade. They say no problem, print out the tickets, and then can't get the system to go to the screen to take payment. They get a supervisor. They call the US. Still can't do it. Eventually just give me the upgrade for free.

The downside: Yesterday was at EWR for AS EWR-SJC F seat and got there early to avoid traffic. See that there is a VX EWR-SFO leaving in 45 minutes. Asked if I could standby for an F seat if available. They say no, can't do that now, have to wait for 2 more weeks.

Indeed it will be great when the VX systems are gone and everything will be on AS despite its quirks. I only have 1 more AS/VX flight in the interim.