FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it really all worth it?
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:31 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Thekman
I am a Gold QF FF member very soon to be a Platinum member, and I'm starting to wonder if it's such a big deal.
My circumstances are that I always travel self funded Business Class, mostly overseas. As I travel Business Class what real additional benefits to I get being whatever Tier level I am at that particular point in time? Some of the benefits are flight upgrades, but I'm already flying Business Class and the opportunity to upgrade to First doesn't exist that often any more. The most profound benefit to me seems to be the increased rate of earning of Status Points to get oneself to Gold/Platinum again.
Am I missing something?

First class lounges are a huge step up from biz class lounges in most ports, and that's the real advantage. Plus perhaps slightly higher baggage priority.

But if lounges aren't such a big deal, consider maintaining QF gold at the minimum level if you need it for domestic travel, then shop around for the best deal of the day for your international travel. You can often get two biz class tickets to Europe or the USA on other airlines for the price of one on Qantas. That may suit your travel budget if you are with family.