FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Hong Kong {HKG}
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:55 pm
Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Finally, after many trips to Hong Kong, my wife and I will get to stay at the Conrad. Reservation made with points for way later in the year for a King Executive Harbour View. I would appreciate suggestions for room numbers with the best views for when I do the online check-in.
The executive lounge is pretty much dead center of the hotel floor plan, high up. Great views of the whole harbor and such. When you check in on the app, you'll have opportunity to view a floor plan at that time. Any room near that same center of hotel, or (as viewed if one was facing out from the lounge towards the harbor) any rooms to the RIGHT of that should have the most interesting waterfront / city views that are less obstructed. Specific to what you booked, any Harbor View should be in that middle area anyway, and high enough for them to bill it as a "view" rather than "Harbor DIRECTION."

Conversely, when I was there, I had a nice upgrade to a suite on the farthest LEFT corner, which had a pleasant-but-boring view of the Peak behind the hotel. The living room had a view smack across into the Shangria-La's lower office floors, which weren't particularly interesting either, (unless one enjoys spying on idle screen savers and unoccupied desks.) Saving grace, looking as far to the right as I could, at least it stretched sort of downtown. Great suite, but boring views. When I felt like rubbernecking, I went up to the lounge, had some of that watermelon juice they serve there to wash down the egg tarts (almost as good as Hoovers' - whoda guessed?)

Anyway, I wrangled at check in to try for a RIGHT side suite, but no go. I figured good view was worth less than big suite, so stuck with what I had, and even in light of my advising a room on the other side... was very pleased with it!

As you can see in the photos, the hotel views are somewhat blocked on the lower floors, so "nab the highest thing you can get on whatever side" is probably the operative here for most guests. Again, if you booked a Harbor View, I assume you're good / near center-right and just want to jockey for whatever the highest floor you can get..

(RIGHT side of hotel points towards convention center at 2 o'clock.)

TDM