FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE - 2016] Ask Your Questions Here (flame/snark free)
Old Apr 11, 2018, 6:09 pm
Rene23

Originally Posted by Red259
I have lower status with you but I'll give you my thoughts. I have stayed at Grand Hyatt, Andaz and Park Hyatt. On an upcoming stay in Tokyo I opted to go back to the Andaz. I was just much more impressed with it than the others. The Grand Hyatt is probably the closest to a metro station, but I felt more like a number there than an individual customer. It wasn't bad per se but there just seemed to be waits for everything from check in to concierge. Pretty much every time I needed something I had to wait around where at the other properties I didn't. Recently I asked on here if I should do Andaz or spend some extra points and book a club room at grand hyatt. The consensus seemed to be go with Andaz over club room. I was somewhat disappointed by the park hyatt. I used my free nights there, but I could never imagine spending the type of money they charge on the room rates. The room I got was ok but the hotel felt dated. The bed was great and the concierge guy gave me a good day trip idea. Still i'm not returning to the park hyatt this time. If you were going to get upgraded to a suite or something then that may very well change the calculations, since some of the suites look quite good. None of them are bad properties. its more of a matter of where your priorities lie.
Thanks for the input. I decided that the free breakfast and other perks of club access at the GH were worth it for our first 3 nights since there are 5 of us traveling. But we will be returning to Tokyo for our final night and I think I'll book that at the Andaz based on all the great feedback.