FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Japan Global Club
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:09 am
himekat

Programs: JMB Sapphire
Does it mean that if one has accumulated 50,000 Fly On points, you will be able to join the Japan Global Club?
It's at the airline's discretion, but yes, if you accumulate 50,000 Fly On points in a year (with 25,000 of those on JAL), you should get the application to join Global Club when you get your Sapphire card in the mail. My boyfriend and I just did this last year and both got invited. We faxed in our JGC applications and had it on our accounts by the end of that day. I've never heard of anyone not getting invited after hitting 50,000 Fly On points, but it's always possible.

How do you qualify for renewal each year? Just by the deduction of 5,000 Fly On points and that will do?
When you fax in your initial application, they automatically take 5000 points from your JMB and then they do that again every year.

And one will retain Oneworld Sapphire status You don't need to fly JAL or OW carriers at all in order to maintain Oneworld Sapphire status?
As long as One World Sapphire comes with JGC and the terms all stay the same, then you don't have to do anything to keep the status other than spend the 5000 points each year to renew. That said, they could change the terms at any time, really.