Japan Global Club

Old Apr 8, 18, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Japan Global Club

Hi,

I have a few questions with regards to JGC. Does it mean that if one has accumulated 50,000 Fly On points, you will be able to join the Japan Global Club?

How do you qualify for renewal each year? Just by the deduction of 5,000 Fly On points and that will do? And one will retain Oneworld Sapphire status You don't need to fly JAL or OW carriers at all in order to maintain Oneworld Sapphire status?

Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 18, 8:45 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Zilchster View Post
Hi,

I have a few questions with regards to JGC. Does it mean that if one has accumulated 50,000 Fly On points, you will be able to join the Japan Global Club?

How do you qualify for renewal each year? Just by the deduction of 5,000 Fly On points and that will do? And one will retain Oneworld Sapphire status You don't need to fly JAL or OW carriers at all in order to maintain Oneworld Sapphire status?

Thanks.
If you live in Japan, you will need to get a JAL credit card to maintain the membership. If you live outside of Japan, you are deducted 5000 miles per year to retain membership so you need to get some miles in to your account every year.

Also, if the first initial 50,000 Fly On Points, 25,000 has to come JL coded flights.
​​​​​
Old Apr 8, 18, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

So essentially you don't need to fly much in order to maintain status in the JGC - or at least Oneworld Sapphire.

Will every person who reach 50,000 FLY ON points be automatically eligible/admitted to JGC?
Old Apr 9, 18, 1:51 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Zilchster View Post
So essentially you don't need to fly much in order to maintain status in the JGC - or at least Oneworld Sapphire.

Will every person who reach 50,000 FLY ON points be automatically eligible/admitted to JGC?
no
Old Apr 9, 18, 3:09 am

Programs: JL JGC Premier | SPG Platinum | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post

no
True, it's even stated in their JGC program pamphlet as well. It's purely at the Airline's discretion.
Old Apr 9, 18, 10:09 am

Programs: JMB Sapphire
Does it mean that if one has accumulated 50,000 Fly On points, you will be able to join the Japan Global Club?
It's at the airline's discretion, but yes, if you accumulate 50,000 Fly On points in a year (with 25,000 of those on JAL), you should get the application to join Global Club when you get your Sapphire card in the mail. My boyfriend and I just did this last year and both got invited. We faxed in our JGC applications and had it on our accounts by the end of that day. I've never heard of anyone not getting invited after hitting 50,000 Fly On points, but it's always possible.

How do you qualify for renewal each year? Just by the deduction of 5,000 Fly On points and that will do?
When you fax in your initial application, they automatically take 5000 points from your JMB and then they do that again every year.

And one will retain Oneworld Sapphire status You don't need to fly JAL or OW carriers at all in order to maintain Oneworld Sapphire status?
As long as One World Sapphire comes with JGC and the terms all stay the same, then you don't have to do anything to keep the status other than spend the 5000 points each year to renew. That said, they could change the terms at any time, really.
Old Apr 9, 18, 12:06 pm

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
That said, i know of people who didnt get invited to be jgc. Go figure!
its hilarious to see that happening- i know, so mean of me!!!
Old Apr 9, 18, 3:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Yup, I love that too
Old Apr 10, 18, 2:37 am

Programs: JL JGC Premier | SPG Platinum | GE, TSA-Pre
Btw, it's called JAL Global Club.
Old Apr 11, 18, 2:18 pm

Programs: JMB Sapphire
Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Out of curiosity, were they given a reason why? There are some obvious ones (like JAL employee or whatever), but I'm curious what other reasons would be.
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:12 am

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by himekat View Post
Out of curiosity, were they given a reason why? There are some obvious ones (like JAL employee or whatever), but I'm curious what other reasons would be.
no
they just never got around. Very strange.
I originally thoughts uts to do w residence but its not like the live in places jl doesnt serve