FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Orlando (MCO) Express Bag Drop Off--SouthWest--Long lines due to construction?
Old Apr 8, 2018, 6:42 pm
universitylad

Programs: DL Plat. Medallion
Orlando (MCO) Express Bag Drop Off--SouthWest--Long lines due to construction?

What's going on with the express baggage drop off with Southwest at the Orlando MCO airport?
I was in Orlando with my brother and his family and they flew in and out on Southwest.
On the way home, they checked in online and used Express Bag Drop which was supposed to save time.
There seemed to be some construction going on, but once they printed out the luggage tags, they were directed the line for "express bag drop" which stretched over the entire length of the Southwest counters and took them over thirty minutes just to drop their bags after getting the stickers.

To make things worse, someone who was in line had crapped their pants, and there was a line of diarrhea stretching the length of line and then from the express bag drop to the bathrooms by Starbucks. The baggage handlers were complaining about it, but no one seemed to be cleaning it up.

Is this the typical experience for express bag drop? Was it due to Spring Break or the construction in the area?

I flew and out on Delta since I booked later and needed to use miles. I dropped them off on the A side, took our rental car back to the B side Hertz, checked my bag with Delta (SkyPriorityLine) on the B side and then hoofed it back over the A side to meet up with them and they still were only halfway through the line.

Last edited by universitylad; Apr 8, 2018 at 7:03 pm