FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 33/34 (YVR-SYD-YVR) - questions re: economy cabin
Old Apr 7, 2018, 7:56 pm
eigenvector

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Here are my tips for ultra long haul travel in economy:
  1. Bring your own reusable water bottle (you can ask the crew to refill it during the flight or walk back to the galley) as a tiny cup of water every several hours isn't adequate to maintain good hydration. YVR has handy water-bottle filling stations through the airport.
  2. Bring some snacks as the complimentary meals (really one full meal served shortly after takeoff and one mini-meal before landing) are pretty meager in quantity for an adult. Most people are pretty grumpy going 7-8 hours without food unless they're asleep.
  3. An eye-mask really helps with sleeping, these are not provided in AC economy. You can get a really good one on Amazon for $10
  4. Active noise-cancelling headphones are best, but these are pretty pricey so earplugs are a good alternative especially for sleeping. AC does provide really crappy free earbuds for listening but do yourself a favour and spend $50 on a decent pair of the in-ear type that physically blocks out noise
  5. A small handtowel is a great accessory for "freshening up" midway through a long flight. You can ask the FAs for a cup of warm water to pour on it to wash your face.
  6. Individually-wrapped sanitizing wipes are great for cleaning your hands as well as surfaces around your seat such as the tray table and the headrest. You can get a box of 50 at Walmart for a couple of dollars.
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
a) yes
b) yes,but I find them undrinkable
c) yes (But you should bring a good one for a 14+ hours flight)
d) I believe it still is

re: ask SD and she should be able to just come up and chat if you guys go into the mid section. You can visit the people in Y for sure.
Free Black Label in Y is basically the only thing I enjoy about international economy on AC.