FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's No Bedding in F Worth?
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:02 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Worth winding back a little here, by way of reminder of the precise circumstances surrounding the OP’s grievance :

I returned to find on the bed what looked like a blue polyester jacket with a zipper on one side (it turned out to be a crew-blanket), a thin blanket from Club that may have been used, and an old creased pillow.”.

OP, following an exchange of correspondence, was subsequently offered “an adjustment” of 5,000 Avios - an outcome which he/she (understandably) described as “laughable”.

Somewhat in contrast, one poster (although I’m not sure that he/she was being entirely serious) has expressed the view that 5,000 Avios is “not to be sniffed at”, adding that it would be enough “to buy OP a nice one-way to Amsterdam”.

I do wonder just how many passengers - having shelled out serious money on a F class ticket for just about the longest journey on BA’s entire network - would be happy with compensation in the shape of what effectively translates into a discounted one-way ticket for one of the airline’s very shortest sectors - and in economy class to boot. I say “discounted” because, let’s not forget, there would be still taxes/surcharges of £17.50 to pay, so ..... no free lunch.

5,000 Avios is the sort of figure that many folk collect routinely with their monthly shopping, without even having spent anything at all with BA. The chasm between BA’s churlish offer and the OP’s expectations is, I suspect, of Grand Canyon proportions.

I feel that it is high time BA - and indeed many other carriers guilty of such unsatisfactory reaction to similar inflight service failures - began to look more responsibly, and with a greater sense of morality, at the frequent discrepancy between what they promise ; what their premium cabin passengers rightly expect, in return for what they have paid ; and just what sort of redress is provided to those passengers when things go wrong.