FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's No Bedding in F Worth?
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:04 am
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
I'll have a stab at that. Looking 6 months or so ahead a BA SYD-SIN-LHR return prices at ~£2k on a B WT fare or ~£5k on an A First fare. So that's a return fare difference of ~£3k, or £1500 one-way. Since the SIN-LHR segment is ~2/3 of that call it £1000 of the overall fare difference. If you value the extra space, improved food & beverage, and enhanced sleeping experience equally then each has a value of £350 or so. Half of the sleeping value was lost due to the unavailability of correct bedding, so ~£175 / 20k Avios would be my claim.

EsherFlyer - thank you for providing the guidance that our friendly Forum Ambassador was seeking. Taken together with the subsequent input from FeedbirdNiner it would appear that compensation in the order of £100s (my post # 38 refers) isn’t too far off the mark, possibly even more so for anyone who has purchased a one-way SIN LHR BA ticket at circa £5,000+.