FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UC agent: “We only help w/ same-day reservations.”
Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:52 pm
raehl311

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sinoflyer
In queuing theory, there are situations were the "arrival rate" can only be described as predictably unpredictable. A bank, the UC, and any other airline lounge belong to that category. And I don't think I'm the only one who's ever experienced being the fourth person arriving simultaneously to a line with three idle agents -- it's not pleasant knowing that I had just become the outlier of the average wait time. So, even though I won't hesitate to ask, I can understand if the agent declines to work on anything but same-day PNR. They've seen plenty facial expressions of the persons waiting behind us.
So, we should avoid the minute chance someone MIGHT have to wait for help by... refusing to help someone at all?

Besides, if you REALLY have an immediate need for IRROPS handling, unless there's some massive system-wide storm or other failure, you're better off calling in anyway.

* Unless you need vouchers.