FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UC agent: “We only help w/ same-day reservations.”
Old Apr 4, 2018, 8:19 pm
milepig
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
At SFO rotunda club w/ 1.5 hours to kill. One of my 9 current reservations doesn’t show my current seat assignments or even show seat maps to view/change. Agent told me I had to call in, in spite of the fact there were 3 agents with no one around but me. I don’t mind calling, but I figured “what the heck, I’ll talk to a live person”. Is this old policy, new policy, club-specific policy, or “agent-specific” policy? I have had no problem at Honolulu and I recall LAX helping w/ a future reservation. Maybe they were helping in spite of policy? I’ve only done this when they aren’t busy.

I’m gonna call, but curious if there is a policy regarding this. I completely understand if there’s IRROPs going on and a bunch of people needing immediate assistance...
I suspected this would be about SFO. They have more than their share of bad agents. I’ve learned who to choose and who to avoid. There’s one in particular who will do nothing and another who’ll spend 45 minutes or more with me if they aren’t busy. At one point the good one was on two phones talking to two people at the same time and in the end worked a miracle for me.

As an aside, I miss the great agents at the old DCA UC and hope they found a good home somewhere. My experience in the new UC is mostly “why are you bothering me” in compensation, the bartender is great.