FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New BA Routes 2018: Nashville, Tennessee (BNA)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:22 am
florens

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I must admit I was surprised at the rates, when I booked a few weeks ago, and I remember thinking this would be one those places where it would be more cost effective to hire a car and stay out of town, both of which I do my utmost to avoid. Still the HGI at the airport is USD 157, BNA isn't miles out from the city, and the city bus only take 20 minutes and $1.70.

Moreover this is one of the few cases that Hilton points may be useful, with implied rates at $200 (40k points) and some at $150 (30k) so partpay may be your friend.

Then finally, what I call the last refuse of the grateful scoundrel: Avios! The cash BA hotel rates are quite competitive (didn't check flights + hotel but that usually doubles up the advantage). BA uses two code lines on the drop down, one with the word Airport in it, and one without that word and shows downtown places. Both have BNA in them. There is also the Avios rates from My Executive Club page, and in some cases by paying the lowest possible Avios rate, highest cash rate you can leverage a reasonable room rate.
Thanks CWS for the advice. I‘ll check this out too. As we are on a road trip and have a car anyway I am now booked in a Hilton property out of town. The rate is flexible though so I might change plans if one of your ideas proves to be good for my dates.