FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:40 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GWZM2804
Newbie question. Only recently discovered this forum. I am very interested in travelling to Australia next year and have been trawling through the QR sales options from ARN and others with very good prices. My question is when these sales crop up can you open jaw or is it out and back from the same Australian airport. In an ideal world my itinerary would be Europe (somewhere) - DOH - PER - internal Oz flights on QF - SYD - DOH - Europe. This way seems to generate plenty of Tier points and I can break the journey with a hotel (at my expense) in DOH both ways. Trip in business class. Is there a better way of doing it? Appreciate your answers from board experts.
Yes single open jaws where the open jaw is within one country are usually permissible with QR sale fares. Double open jaws are usually disallowed.

But note that combinations are priced on a half round-trip basis; if only one of the cities has a sale, you would only benefit from the sale on half of the trip.