FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dining in Venice
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2018, 10:36 pm
obscure2k
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by brandie
I'm a long time lurker but a new member so I am kind of nervous to post.

My boyfriend and I will be traveling to Venice for several days the first part of July. I have reservations for us at the Ca Pisani Design Hotel in Dosoduro. I've stayed here twice in the past and I like the location (away from the crowds.)

I've been studying a lengthy 2016 thread started by Oliver about Venice restaurants. I can't insert the thread because I don't have enough posts but as soon as I have enough posts I will insert the thread because it has an amazing amount of information.

I know July is a bad time to visit. I told my boyfriend we will be staying away from St Marks Square and Rialto Bridge and exploring elsewhere.

The reason for this thread is I had an extremely bad meal at a tourist restaurant during my last trip to Venice a number of years ago so this trip I want to have reservations in advance.

My questions are:
1. Is Agli Alboretti in Dosoduro still good? I've eaten here a long time ago. It is across the street from my hotel. Would this be better for lunch or dinner?
2. Do you still recommend Caravello? I've never eaten here but I've walked past it a number of times so I know where it is. Would this be better for lunch or dinner?
3. If I have the hotel make dinner reservations for 7:30 then what time would lunch reservations be appropriate?
4. If I contact the hotel 3 weeks out to book reservations will that work?

I'm studying Oliver's 2016 thread and I will probably have some more questions.

Thank you for your help. Brandie.
Ca Pisani Concierge will surely be able to book the most sought-after tables in Venice. Those would include: Antiche Carampane, A Covo, Ala Testiere. Those three are outstanding and reservations are essential. I recommend lunch at Antiche Carampane as the location is a bit difficult to find. Better to navigate the directions in the day time. Well worth one or more visits.
Welcome to Flyertalk and the Italy Forum, brandie. Look forward to hearing your impressions and your questions.

Last edited by obscure2k; Mar 31, 2018 at 10:42 pm