FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Key Bridge Marriott, Arlington, VA (near Washington, DC) [Master Thread]
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:43 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by twa777
Major renovations should be forthcoming at some point. According to this article, another investment group acquired the hotel back in November and they "plan to invest roughly $20 million on extensive renovations to update the property and potentially reduce the room count. They are also likely to explore additional development on the approximately 5.5-acre site. The upper-upscale hotel will continue to operate under a brand contract with Marriott."

https://realert.com/search.pl?ARTICLE=175240

Though I'd expect it will be largely status-quo for a while until the new group can draw up plans for the wholesale renovation.
Yeah. When I last stayed there and had some issues the manager afterward indicated that many things were planned to happen. That surprised me because I thought I had read the property was sold and the building would be demolished. Frankly, I can't believe the current structure will be preserved because it would probably be cheaper to tear it down and erect something new. Everything, even the building's proverbial bones, are old.