FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - China Southern in-flight Upgrade Data Point (CAN-LAX)
Old Mar 31, 2018, 1:08 am
brillantesg

China Southern in-flight Upgrade Data Point (CAN-LAX)

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to land a data point here for anyone interested. Flew CZ 621 CAN-LAX on China Southern's 777. There were a few available J seats and PE seats. I was originally seated in Y, and was going to up to PE as I was originally told that J was full. After the purser announced there was available seats for upgrade, I inquired and was offered the J seat for 6000 RMB = $924. Took the upgrade, which I thought was fairly reasonable, especially after they mistakenly thought it would be 9000 RMB ~ $1400; plus I really needed the sleep and was suffering from some back pain. They still only provide Y meals with this upgrade, but they still have some plated dishes from J that they serve, such as soup with choice of meatballs, a desert, and a fruit plate. The upgrade happened prior to the plane moving, so I was offered a pre-departure beverage, which was apple or orange juice, or water. A bar was available in-flight, but I didn't make any use of it as I had slept for most of the flight.

If you guys want pictures, let me know. I'll be happy to post or attempt to answer any more questions.