FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS / VX Dysfunction
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2018, 11:37 am
bkojote

Originally Posted by FluxTZ
Yes.

The call redirects from VX priority line >> AS started last week. When calling the VX Gold line from my personal phone (tied to my account), I've found I get redirected to AS. While calling the VX Gold line on a regular number not tied to a MP/Elevate account keeps you in the VX queue.

Called on Saturday to process upgrades for my JFK-SFO flight on Sunday. First phone redirected to AS, AS rep told me he had to push me back over to VX since it was their ticket/confirmation, and then got stuck on hold for over 20 mins. While on hold, tried calling again with a 2nd phone which did not redirect to AS. Was on hold with that line for another 20 minutes before someone finally picked up. What's the point of a priority line if you can't get through quickly?

Apparently there are only 20x remaining VX CSRs handling ALL VX ticketed flights. Makes sense as they begin the switch on 4/25 but craziness nonetheless.
I had the same thing happen to me (with a 20 minute hold too), though apparently the AS/VX handoff went poorly and I got bumped due to a mismatch in ticketing.

This strikes me as unbelievably cheap.