FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day Trip to Tijuana - San Ysidro Border Crossing
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:56 pm
HotelHacker

Programs: UA
Used "PedWest" (Cruce Peatonal Oeste) to return to the US from Tijuana this past weekend and it was definitely a lot faster than going the other way. There's some sort of construction going on at the "main" crossing and there's no "Ready Line" if you have the passport card.

However, there was a glitch. The Mexican exit facility wasn't staffed at the time I went through, which means I still had the FMM when I got back into the US. According to what I was able to find online, people either just throw it out, or mail it to an address in Mexico that one of the insurance agencies used to post. I just mailed it off today so hopefully it makes it back over there and I don't end up having a major problem if I ever choose to go back sometime. Literally every other thing I read about Mexico says something different, so it could be considered anything from a non-issue to a major offense.

There was some sort of temporary office sitting outside, the Módulo de Atención al Migrantes, but it appeared to be closed as well. Perhaps I should have knocked on the door.