FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Seoul {KOR}
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:04 pm
Oregonflyer

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
Staying here now ... will add a some things. First, this is a fantastic property, so everything should be interpreted with that as a caveat.
  1. Staying in a room like the one pictured in Buddha's review (https://buddhaexplores.com/2017/05/2...-suite-review/). Have gotten superbtreatment as a diamond (and we did get bears as a gift!) I can't say enough positive about the executive lounge staff! (Also, the Cabernet served in the lounge is pretty good - unlike many other Conrads I have experienced).
  2. Didn't see it in the previous reviews, but in case you haven't experienced it, having a TV in your bathroom mirror is kind of cool if not one of life's great necessities.
  3. The IFC Mall (accessible directly from the Conrad) has lots of less expensive food choices plus places to pick up an item or two as needed.
  4. It's a short walk to a nice walk in a large city park plus a park by the river.
  5. The Pulse workout center is very nice - the only complaint is the limited number of TV channels available on the treadmills and elliptical machines (and in the rooms), if you;re into that.
  6. We like it very quiet and found that the suites on the low-numbered end of the halls have less ventilation/fan noise than those on the high end, although supposedly the view is better from the high end.
  7. Speaking of views, a very large building is going up between the Conrad and the river. Looks as though the river views will be more or less gone in a year or so.
  8. Finally, a consistent complaint (heard from many) is that the elevator doors are slow to open, and it's a little tricky to hold your key up to the pad and press the button for your floor at the same time ... lot's of guests were having trouble and, as one put it, "I have a TV in my bathroom mirror. You would think they could select your floor when you put your key on the pad. Can't be that hard ..." That's undoubtedly the most insignificant complaint I have ever heard about a property!