FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:45 am
atcanobbio

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by kaffir76
I'm not quite sure I understand - what do u mean by through check if u do not have any luggage to check in?
Do u mean to ask the agent to check u in @ SEA for all sectors of your itinerary & issue u all the paper boarding passes?

I'm not familiar with the AS/CX partnership so I'll leave it to someone else to reply.

But I think if u do OLCI for your CX/KA flights on the CX mobile app or website, the airline is aware that you've already checked in.
As for protection for IRROPS, I think there is a pecking order & it starts from CX DM & downwards ...
CX states on their website that they'll "through-check you and your bags" when flying on CX/KA separate tickets. When they state that they'll "through check you", I think they mean that when I check-in and make them aware that's i'm connecting in HKG on a separate ticket, they'll link(??) my itineraries to make it seem like if it's a single itinerary. So if there's some sort of irrop, the agents in YVR/HKG we'll see that i'm flying YVR-HKG-XIY and i'll be protected to get to XIY.

If I just check in for my XIY flight online, I don't think they'll be any linking between my YVR-HKG and HKG-XIY flights. Yes, the airline will know that I'm checked in for the XIY flight. But if my YVR-HKG leg is severely delayed and I miss the flight to XIY, the agents handling the XIY flight won't see that I'm coming in from YVR. will they?

does that make sense? I hope it does