FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Bid Upgrade Program
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:05 pm
pjcanoe

Programs: Aeroplan, AAAdvantage
Originally Posted by mykel67
We are flying from YYZ to MEX next Wednesday. Right now I can bid for an upgrade to Premium Rouge, but the lowest possible bid is $300 (too much for that service and a 4 hour flight). Does anyone have an idea what the upgrade offer might be during the check-in window? Looking at the seat map for that flight, only one seat has so far been claimed in the Premium cabin, so I'm thinking that bodes well?
In early January I was offered an upgrade on 1981 (YYZ-MEX) for $250 when I checked in online (at about 11 hours before flight time) and I took it.. In my case it was out of character to pay that for a 4.5 hour flight - but it was the first time I had flown that route in Rouge and heard the economy seats were really tight. Worked out well since there was a 5 hour flight delay and we were able to wait it out in the lounge (since the seats are coded as J, not premium economy on that flight) and make some changes to our arrival arrangements. It was a long travel day so I was willing to pay the premium. In terms of the bid, my recollection is that the minimum was $250 (that is what is for my MEX-YYZ flight next week). The only time I have done a bid on AC (YVR-YYZ) I bid the absolute minimum - I slid the bid number to the "Poor" range - and was successful.