FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Denial and Recourse
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:34 am
Mrgolfer21

Originally Posted by Lindsey Howell
I interviewed for GE in August 2017. I received a denial letter a week later with limited information regarding the reason. After several calls to the local CBP office, I was finally told I have a criminal history in 2 municipalities in Arkansas. (I have only ever lived in Georgia with no arrest record.) After more research calling the various court systems in the counties, I discovered there is a person with a similar name and same DOB. My maiden name <moderator's edit: has the same first and last name and middle initial as hers, but a different middle name>. Fortunately, one of the set of records had her full name and addresses. However, she is only listed <moderator's edit: with her middle initial> for the other court system (and last 4 of SSN was not included). In September 2017, I wrote a detailed letter notating this info as well as including the court records to both my Congressman and the CBP Ombudsman. The Congressman's office was basically shut down via multiple emails with Office of Congressional Affairs U.S. Customs and Border Protection and on the final email was told the case was closed and no more correspondence would be replied to.

Fast forward to February 24, 2018, and I received a denial of appeal letter stating the decision remains the same as I did not provide sufficient evidence proving the CBP used incorrect or erroneous information. Any suggestions on what I should be including in my next correspondence proving I am who I am with no criminal record and that the Arkansas woman is a separate entity? I almost feel like I need to get a lawyer/ private investigator to track this woman down so I can have sworn legal statements expressing the differences between us and that those are hers. Something tells me that would not be enough though.

Can anyone provide guidance on what type of documentation I should include on my next appeal? Thanks!
In all honesty, it's probably not worth it. They obviously don't want to be bothered or look into anything, so why labor yourself over it? Unless you fly internationally a ton and come back through the airports that don't have mobile passport, GE isn't really needed. I got mine revoked several years ago (dui) and honestly haven't missed it at all...and I take about 6-7 international trips a year, sometimes more. I am usually through customs and immigration within 5-10 mins max after getting off the plane. I've flown with people that have GE and we usually exit within 1-2 mins of each other b/c I have to wait in a slightly longer line to get through customs. Even then, I could probably go past everybody and just show them my phone b/c all they do is waive me through and make me scan it to get a green light...nobody is even really watching. Unless more people start using mobile passport or they do away with it, I personally see no reason I would even reapply for GE (I won't get it anyway due to my arrest, but still).