FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AF Safety Video/ads: No more Glass Candy - Warm in the Winter ?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:56 am
Andy82

Programs: AFKL Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by brunos
Not sure I understand your question.
if you read the thread, you will see that AF is being sued for the copyrights of that music.
It could be a pure coincidence, but the timing would suggest a correlation.
Any video with the "love in the air" music have been removed from all AF websites. That is strange, even if the "new" music was a planned change,
And the "old" music was such a worldwide success.
I have not seen the new ad. I don't know if they simply replaced the soundtrack or created a brand new commercial (which would suggest a planned change)

PS: It could be that the word "suspended" was not the best one-word choice. But the Oxford Dictionary states for "suspended": "temporarily prevented from continuing or being in force or effect."
I'm the OP, I've been reading the thread
When you said "suspended", it seemed you were referring to the ads on tv (you said "I think that their most important preoccupation is their TV advertisement campaign. They used various versions of the ad with that music worldwide. That has been suspended and will take time to replace."), but since I've seen the tv ad with the new music (see my first post)- and it had the same images of old ads - I was wondering if you had some different source of news about a recent suspension of the whole advertising campaign (not just music replacement). Just that.

I've noticed, though, that there are new ads (at least I've never seen them before) with the new music. These are probably just youtube/web ads I guess - I don't remember them with glass candy.
For example:
- this is 1 week old, the french version is a little older (2 weeks).

So maybe there was some planning and at least a set of new commercials.