FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - F Galleries Lounge T5 guest behaviour
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:59 am
Fitch

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
How topical - Tuesday this week I flew from SOU to AMS and in the main departure area was a classic, "walker up-and-down" look-at-me-I'm-on-the-phone bloke, negotiating a deal at high volume whilst using one of those ridiculous combined earphone / microphone combo things

So he leaves his 2 hugely oversized cabin bags on a seat whilst he paces up and down about 20 metres in each direction whilst loudly negotiating. Then he switched calls to "Samantha" (probably his PA) to brag about the deal, how he was "in the airport as we speak" and only had 10 minutes to close the deal before his flight. The random bloke sitting next to me got so pi$$ed off with this oik he decided to go and report there were 2 unattended bags in the departure area, so a SOU member of staff arrived, interrupted his call and told him to remain with his bags. Brilliant and very amusing to see his "deal" negotiation interrupted mid-flow and taken down a peg or two, probably with the person on the other end hearing it all too ^

To my annoyance he was on my flight (a small Dash-8 propeller job) and of course his 2 oversized hand-bags would not fit in the lockers. I was last to board and I was seated in 1A (thanks Flybe - I was randomly allocated this at PYOBP) and on boarding he was in my seat with his bags on the seat next to him. "Would you mind swapping" he said, "I have an important meeting in Amsterdam to get to so need to be first off the plane". Of course I refused, am not going to give up a coveted front row seat, certainly not for someone like him!! So off he scuttled to something like row 17....but not before the final indignity of watching him argue with the cabin crew for taking BOTH his ridiculously sized bags off him and checking them into the hold ^^

For some reason I felt strangely satisfied at this huge comeuppance
Karma rules