FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Summer 2018 Schedule Updates
View Single Post
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:43 pm
CalanMan

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
It was GGU's on a companion fare, so I do understand why they would not let me have those flights. On the other hand, it was their schedule change, so they might have seen fit to accommodate us on the most convenient alternative (which was VX).
Originally Posted by ashill
In this case, I think that AS absolutely should put you on any AS or VX flight that meets your needs and in any unsold F (not just U) seats because you were confirmed in first class (whether U or not) and it was their schedule change. I'm actually surprised they're not doing that.
I'm also surprised by this. Way back, long before the merger, I had a pretty big schedule change happen to me on an upgraded companion-cert ticket and the agent allowed us to change routing and put us in U for the whole ride. I can't say for sure that there wasn't U space, but IIRC, there hadn't been.

@Eujeanie is your itinerary before or after 4/24? I can see this making a bit of sense (from a technical standpoint, though not from a customer service standpoint) if the VX reservation system is still around, but I'm really surprised if they couldn't open up U space for you if it was simply a pmVX A320 flying on the all-Alaska post-4/24 schedule.